Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Greetings sa inyo lahat!



This week has been interesting, 2 days longer but still short! Naku.

Hows all the people in my family today? I'm rockin' along but I bet your all wondering what will happen to me this next transfer! So lets dig into that first!

This week Elder Labataio has been very sure of my transfer to a new place, and the members knew of it too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because transferring means pagkain (food)! biro lang (just joking), but the intensity was on as we sat in the transfer announcement today, and the zl's called our companionship and told Elder Labatiao that he is transferring, so I am staying in Rizal for Christmas, and December mangos! Yeah buddy!  I was pretty happy, but also am happy wherever I'm needed. Pero oo (but yes), three transfers and three companions.

This week we started working in a new pob. sur, and we found a kind kuya (brother) named Alan to teach. A fun thing happened while we were at his house, or rather, while we were leaving his house.  The watermelon lady came! With her big satchel of mga pakwan, but that's not the fun thing (even though it is kind of fun still). She put her satchel on the table and all these little kids at the house were there and they all grabbed their own watermelon and were smacking it, and the sound was enough to make my day bright! Watermelons here are pretty small, about cantaloupe sized, but there's quite a few little watermelon stands around.  I bought one for  10 pisos. I love fruit and their stands! 


Also this week Elder Labataio bought a green mango that he let me try and it was delicious! Heavens to Betsy! Also, this week at this very computer shop I'm in right now (the Access Computershop in Rizal) I sat and marveled as Bishop Reyes and Elder Labataio worked on the t-shirt design, with the ate (sister) at the counter doing the artistry.   And how people buying shirts are the same everywhere! Joke, but as I sat, my eyes caught hold of a pink bag of chips! They turned out to be squid chips! and for 5 pisos I had that experience. They were quite tasty but the smell was rank!

Mom I had a question and still do, what are the measurments on that first recipe you sent? On Dear Elder.com,  some keyboard symbols turn into question marks. I just had a interesting pangitain (vision) of how question mark cookies might turnout.. But yes, the one your found in the cupboard. I think tomorrow might be the day I get to making them, I've finally gathered most the ingredients. I just need sugar. 

Speaking of sugar! This week I made pancakes again with the brown sugar on top and they were delicious! then I set the plate on my bed while I finished doing some morning task I've since forgotten, I had noticed after a while an ant crawling around close to the plate and just thought "smart ant (you are a)" and I kept checking periodically to see if more would come but there was always just one or two crawling around, and then I checked once more and heavens to Betsy! My whole plate was covered with ants!  I had a bit of an inside shriek but then just picked up the plate and washed them off in the kitchen. 

In matters of non food items, the work has been good! I've been amazed still at how Gods hand is in the work and in my life in the work. With finding and teaching, it's been fun I've got pretty close to losing my voice this week and I'm almost all healed now but it was fun to have that scratchy deep voice for a while. The members were concerned and helped me with some medicine which helped a lot. Sister Reyes gave me calamanci for medicine, the tiny green oranges you flavor food with. She gave me instructions to squeeze 2 into a little bit of water and put some sugar in it. It was very good. The ward here in Rizal has been rocking with family home evening activities. Elder Labataio has taught the lesson at the past two but this week I got to teach the lesson on faith.  It was there down at riverside at the Cassapanga house and there were tons of kids. All the members were in a circle of chairs and so I taught in the middle and kinda spun around as I gave my lesson on faith. The ward family home evenings have been good to reactivate members, and for investigators to come to and meet members. 

The pachage (package) items all arrived safe, and I've finished conference this week, what a great conference it was!  Also, I listened to the talk by Elder Christofferson from 2010 about the scriptures and that's been one of my favorite talks lately. But yeah, sausage and honey (that sounds really gross) are all here safe. I've yet to open those two items, my new comp will profit from them though! 

Well then! I'm glad to here. All is well in Utah Zion and I'm excited to see the new baby burol (Hill)! 


Ingat kayo lahat! 


Carry on in the work of the Lord we will!

Love,

Elder Burol

 



1 comment:

  1. The food sounds so good!
    I'll have to catch up on my blog reading to see how things with the new comp are going.

    ReplyDelete