Monday, December 13, 2010

Bablu! (e-mail 12-13-10)

How is everything today? Isn't it nuts how these words I type go on a blog or into other emails and off to people I might not even know!? I love it! 

These days it seems a little bit hotter but it still has to be colder than this picture of Arizona missionaries walking around in suit coats! I'm enjoying my di-pangamericana life, sometimes I wonder about my suit in the mission office, it has my MTC buttons in it. Which reminds me! in the MTC I would see buttons around and if I ever saw one I would pick it up. And that has continued here! I have a bucket on my desk (a small bucket) (more like a tupperware container) that I throw my buttons in. This morning I counted them and I have a grand total of 13 buttons! (Mom, Cheryl, Grandma, Grandpa) I always think of the Warthers train museum on our grand adventure a few years back and I'm afraid I am turning into that old woman who also had many buttons.  If I am, I'm ok with that. I've got some pretty fancy ones by now and even a Mickey Mouse I found at tatay Biags house in Portal. Anywho!

Mom you asked about my seniority as a companion, in this mission there are no junior companions only trainers, follow-up trainers, trainees and seniors. But I still don't know my 8 discussions in Tagalog and I still have lot to learn. It is a little relieving though to have most of the greenieness taken off.  Green-horn. Here in Rizal, us 4 elders are a district because we're so far from San Jose city (45 minutes trike) so elder Daquipil is our fearless leader, he's more like just a nut ball. He has this English learning card game where you make words. It's pretty funny to play. We had a bit of a fun companionship inventory, I could tell he was kinda mad at me so I asked him how I could be a better companion and (I need to be careful talking like this to not be tsis-mis-ing (gossip) but I just needed to help him out more with not being noisey when he sleeps. But one that made me kinda laugh was he said I ask poor questions and it hit me! A few days earlier I had asked him if he was a robot, what his name would be. So I've refrained from silly-ness, but yeah!

In regards of Christmas calling home, I'm thinking on the 25th here, Christmas eve for you. We just a log in (name for me and a name for you) on the Skype-ness.
I can make a test call too, but if you can work on that and let me know next week on Monday that'll rock. And if it's ok with people at 10 in the morning here, thats 8 or nine sa inyo deba? oh sige,

Oh heck! yeah. I did some dectective work today and have a good story and mission for you.  In the book of remembrance of the bishop's wife, I found at the very front a journal entry by bishop from his mission and he talked in his journal enrty about his companion, Elder Karr from Orem, Utah! Then I talked with bishop and he got out his book of remembrance from his mission and found Elder Karr and I got his address! I doubt he lives there anymore but you can truck on anyways! his name is Keven James Karr at --------- Orem, Utah.  Bishops name is Arnel Reyes, they served in the old Manilla mission. Something kinda cool for ya! 

Those are going to be all the stories you get this week I'm going to start rationing some good ones for a phone call. I love you fam!  Keep rocking my world, I'm excited to be working in the Lord's vinyard and with his happy pinoy children! I got Em and Brads (with mom and dad's postage) letters this week at the Christmas devotional! That was a rocking devotional! If you want you can stick the music on one of those flashdrives and any other new Motab you've got. 


Any who!  I'll  be right back at ya in another week, this week we've got splits and I'm going to San Jose! Where there is a 7-11 with 15 peso ice cream cones. Ahh yeah! Oh and the letters! Brad's made me laugh mostly because I honestly yearn for banjo hero, and Em's was quite the fashionable piece! With words of inspiration and love. Thank you Em!  

Love you mom, dad, em, brad, nisha, curt, aunts and uncles second cousins, first cousins, lola, lolo and the rest! Keep the work going awn!

love Elder Hill
 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading Elder Hill's letters. I'm so proud of him and grateful he is such a good friend to Elder Serrano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so awesome to remember everyone!
    If I were a robot my name would be Orange-botastic.

    ReplyDelete