Hello!
Let me start with explaining my subject line, in Cabanatuan when we would walk from apartment to our area in Imelda, we would walk past these trike drivers. The same 3-4 were there every day and the one would always ask us "walking walking?" Tagalog is fun like that how you repeat words twice. I thought of that because this morning at our DDM, Elder Clarke, our beloved fearless zone leader, imparted wisdom about socks. He said, "you know you're a diligent walking elder if you have holes in your socks, and you know you are a diligent teaching missionary if you have no holes." Take a look at the picture and you will know what class of missionary I am!
This week we walked and taught and walked. Here's a picture of the mountains you see here in mayantok, and the rice fields.
Last night, we had a ward missionary working with us and he said, "it seems like being a missionary is fun". I started listing reasons why being a missionary is fun, constant companionship, eating appointments, teaching the gospel, then we walked on this short cut through a field, and I added, walking on every kind of crazy terrain. It's awesome! We walked through that big field and past a few cows. We always made sure to "moo" at them. Then I thought of the "Farside comic", where there are all the people in a field and cows are yelling at the people.
There is also a picture attached of me in a tree with a awesome u shaped Branch. When I saw it, I had to stand on it!
Then I paid the price, a whole bunch of big ants crawled all over my body! They were biting me with their gnarley little pinchers! Today when we got to Sta Ignacia for the DDM, the zone leaders let me know the package had arrived! I'm going to get the scriptures off to Gwapolinario, (his self given nickname) (gwapo- apolinario), and the Chapstick to Renz.
I haven't seen any monkeys this week...
I'm pretty excited to watch conference, we can watch all the sessions. Yesterday I went up to Mag Patotoo for Sacrament mtg, and got talking about President Monson, and for some reason let the tangent come out of my mouth, and I told everyone that President Monson was probably talking in Utah right now. Thats ok. What's also great is you are all asleep right now! Wake up!
How is Utah and people I know there? Do you all eat enough grains? Hey Brad, remember when we chewed that wheat? Finding gluten?
We went to this restaurant type place earlier, they are pretty cool. You walk in and all their dishes are sitting on one table in pots, all the different ulams. You pick what one you want and they give you the ulam and rice! We had one that was jackfruit! So now I have had that. It's pretty awesome and chewy, the other one looked like boogers or calangot and tasted spicy and delicious!
Well then! Keep on keepin on to victory!
Love ya lots!
-Elder Hill







Ouchy ants!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to get to watch all the sessions of conference. It was awesome!
Great pictures!
So if we post messages/questions here does Elder K get to see them?
ReplyDeleteI Love This Blog!!!! Kimball's letters are always to awesome. We have a young man in our ward that just got called to the Angeles mission. He'll be entering the MTC in July I think.
ReplyDelete