Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Transfers! (e-mail 6/15/11)

Hey one and all!

This morning we went to transfer meeting and here's the low down.  Elder Dela Cruz and I are staying together another transfer! My first two-transfer companion has come and stayed with me.  I'm glad to be here more, and thanks for the package! All the filipinos enjoyed the cowtails and corn nuts.  There's corn nut type food here, but it's called "boy bawang" (garlic) and it's way good too, alot more softer than corn nuts.



My birthday was rather festive, we went to church in Mamonit and elder D spread the word to everyone that it was my birthday. So I was given many congrats ion being 20.  Then we came back, and the day before we were going to buy a rotisserie chicken to eat for Sunday, but the place was closed, so we bought a cupcake instead.  On Sunday we went to a members house and they fed us, egg plant.   President Pal, our stake president, has a large patch of eggplant and they gave us a bunch last week and more his week. We're in eggplant heaven! Then we stuck a candle in the cupcake and cut it up for us to eat. It was a memorable birthday!

This week Grace had her interview, and her baptism date has been extended till July 16.   We've been teaching two tatays, tatay Fidel and tatay Cistencimo.   Tatays heads are a bit harder to get through, but these two are nice guys. The day we had splits, Elder Adriano and I went to Mamonit and I saw this path on the side of the road and wanted to walk down it! So we did, and at first there were 2 houses with no people, then more houses that had been destroyed.  It was a thick foresty part and had just rained so it was all muddy and slippery.  We got to a part on the path where we were on the top of the hill, and we stopped to rest a bit and look at the valley.  We heard "Elders!, Elders!" and then "I love you!"  Then we saw some kids in this window who were the ones yelling at us, so we entered he forest again and found the house.  Surprisingly, there were members there!   The nanay is a member and we taught tatay who isn't a member.  It was a kinda cool being led through a forest by a Holy Ghost moment! 



We went back yesterday, tatay was drunk and nanay was busy riping apart a big jack fruit! ayos!

I'm still workin, walkin, teachin, basta! ipinapamudmod ko pa ang ebanhelio ni Jesucristo!

I've been thinking lately if I could pull off deep frying a chicken like we do turkeys.  I just don't know the temperature is all. 



On a kinda sad note, I got a letter today from my first area and found out my favorite nanay who lived in Portal Branch died... But alas, she lives! I gave her a nut cracker Christmas tree ornament when I left that area, and she told me how she put it on top of the dresser and wouldn't let her kids touch it. 

Heres' a picture of my fine birthday cake, that cost me all of 6 pisos! (about 13 cents)  All the members got a kick out of it when I pulled out the cake and  candle from my bag.

 
Any who!  Glad to hear from you all!  Thanks for the warm greeting and birthday wishes.  All reading who wish to send me letters are more than welcome to.   I'll even write you back.  I have a stack of letters to send, it's just hiking the hill to municipal thats the trickyness. 

Keep on rockin on!

Love, your son/bro- Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment