This week has been interesting! For no apparent reason..
This morning we had our ddm at 6 am, then went hiking! It was a pretty far drive and hike up there and it was still our area. We found some cool bugs crawling on us, these stick bugs, and Elder Dela Cruz caught a dragon fly. We didn't see any monkeys or anything of that sort, but the waterfall we hiked to was way awesome.
We got kinda tricky this week with our food, we worked magic with canned tuna! I created this pepper, tomato, catsup, garlic, ginger stuff. It was like I said kanina, interesting. It looks like I'm going into my last full week here in Mayantoc and Mamonit, but I have learned to expect the unexpected with transfers. Elder DelaCrus and I could go 6 months each here. We will all find out on next Wednesday!
Yesterday we had 9 people to talk to, to meet our weekly goal. So we went at it. Some of the first people we talked to were members, but we didn't know at first because they were sitting down drinking. Every few seconds another drunk person would walk around the corner and join in and tell us who they were and that they were members too. We gave them a pamphlet anyways, and went went to find more. As we were walking back by there again, they were all yelling and and punching each other.
This week we also discovered a secret path on the street where we live. It looks like it's just a dead end, but we knew that the river is on the other side. We went and looked one day at lunch and there was a path, so we climbed down and skipped some rocks in the river. The highest skips we got was five. Yeah 5!
Dad asked about cows. I haven't really ever seen a milking cow people get milk from, but I have seen cows with udders and I wish I could milk it. I'll stay on the look out!
We don't really ever buy the rotisserie chickens, it's kind of expensive. But I know it's very delicious.
This week we had interviews with President Martino, and sister Martino checked our area books. I sure enjoyed that, because she gave us these cookie square things! Some things that come into my mind if you have a package coming, the first is Twinkies. The second is water balloons ..or gloves:) The third is insoles that would fit a 9-10 size foot. Looks like we are headed out! Sure love yall!
Untill next Wednesday!
Elder Hill




No comments:
Post a Comment