Monday, January 9, 2012

Mission life transfer ? week 5

Hello Mother!

This has been a good day. Our companionship has become a threesome.  Elder Mercurio from Zambales has joined forces with us. His companion went home yesterday, (one of the batchmates of Elder Farnsworth), Elder Lau. Elder Lau was my house mate way back in Rizal when Elder Daquipil was my companion.  And now he is no more.  But thats cool you met Elder Farnsworth! He became zone leader in Sta Ignacia zone the transfer I left.

Saturday night I felt something cooking in my stomach and I figured it was just another mild case of LBM.  Sunday morning I woke up and felt it still.  Then I went to the bathroom and threw up the rice and hot dog we had for dinner.  At church I got kinda dizzy, so we ended up leaving early.  But one of our new investigators, Natalio came to church!   Natalio and his son! It was awesome to see him walking up to the door. If everything goes good he will be baptized the first week of February.   After that we went home until we had a meeting at the church. Then we went to take Elder Lau to Cabanatuan.  A member took us in his Mazda 3. People drive pretty awesomely here.  They have incredible overtaking skills!  When we got to the apartment ib Cabanatuan, the zone leaders weren't home, so I got hoisted up and climbed up onto the balcony and let them in.  

Then we came home and I got way cold.  I got to use the Philippines jacket  Ibought in Cabanatuan way back when.  All my house mates came in to see if I was sick.  Elder Illustrisimo came in and danced like a monkey. He took a liking to the monkey Christmas card you sent, so I gave it to him, and that's what he used for a sound track while he was dancing. Then I went to sleep. Sleeping is delicious. 

This week when we were out working, the AP Elder Apolinario texted me asking what was in my package! It's here!! I told him I don't know, but he could open it if he wants to. He said it was ok. So it will get to me on the 24th when we have interviews. Pretty exciting! This week is transfers, we're not sure if either one of us will be transfered, it's looking like we have another transfer to go. We get the transfer announcement tomorrow! 

transfers seems to go really fast now days. elder flora always reminds me of how long we have left in the mission. lots of potential ivestigator people we talk to now days seem to not be married. when we talk to someone we always ask them if they're married cause if they're not it's pretty hard for them to get baptized. they just all become eternal investigators. and they usually don't have plans to get married because it's expensive to get the paperwork done. 

But yeah!

I think I'll get some pictures going now. 

Sure love your face mom! 

Elder Hill

NEWS JUST IN:
Hey mom, Elder Flora just got an e-mail from President Martino saying he is transfering, to help someone get more excited about the work.

cool:) 

love ya~!

Elder Hill 
This is this house plate number thing I took a picture of

 This is a picture of Elder Flora sending a text message to a district leader or something. Thats our cell phone. A fine Nokia brick

The whacky Gapan zone


Me and two ward missionaries.  This is the rice fieldy spot in our area, a place called Bagong Bario.  The houses you see in the background are all on one really long road. 






No comments:

Post a Comment