Maria Aurora, Aurora!
Hello transfer.
This last week I remember telling Elder Ilayat how I wouldn't be able to go to Baler Zone because I only have 4 months left. But the Lord made it happen, and here I am! Baler zone is one of two zones in the mission that has beach. I'm serving as DL in Maria Branch.
It has been a interesting time coming to this area, because I've heard so much about it from other Elders. Elder Serondo, Elder Daquipil and Elder Flora all served in this area before and they all told me about it.
One of the best parts is our apartment. It's in a 3 story building, ground floor is a bakery. The 2nd floor and 3rd floor are where we live, it's big and pink. When I first got here, I was walking around without sandals on, and I noticed after a while my feet bottoms were all black! So I started cleaning the house. It's been 3 days of cleaning so far in the mornings and at lunch time, and there's an improvment! One of the best parts of the house is that there is this little water heater thing in the cr so you can take a hot shower! Yeah!! Then you can go down stairs and buy bread in the morning. There's only one bed frame though, so since I'm the new guy in the apartment I get to sleep on a pad on the floor. But it's good too, because I put the foam pad by this big sliding window and that's where I sleep. You can see Orion out the window at night.
Our Branch President is a awesome guy too. He has been a member for 2 years and is always making jokes and giving us coconut when we're at his house.
Here in Baler zone there are 4 areas. Ours is the one that is far from the ocean. But I'm diggin' things! We have some awesome investigators too. One is Bryan who works at a funeral home. He really wants to come to church but always has work cutting people up and so on.. just kidding, he makes the coffins. Last night we went to teach him and this drunk guard guy came in and was telling us about Jesus and how he has been born but not again yet. He was kinda yelling and asked us who God is, and it went on for a half hour. Then he left to be on duty, and then we taught Bryan. It was a fine moment!
How are all things doing? I had another monkey sighting this week! It was chained up to a tree branch and the chain was around him like a diaper so he would hang up down and swing around. It was pretty hard to teach and not look at him and laugh!
Any who. Life is grand! I'll take some pictures of cool things and send them to yall! Keep on rocking!
Love your buns!
Elder Hill
Hello transfer.
This last week I remember telling Elder Ilayat how I wouldn't be able to go to Baler Zone because I only have 4 months left. But the Lord made it happen, and here I am! Baler zone is one of two zones in the mission that has beach. I'm serving as DL in Maria Branch.
It has been a interesting time coming to this area, because I've heard so much about it from other Elders. Elder Serondo, Elder Daquipil and Elder Flora all served in this area before and they all told me about it.
One of the best parts is our apartment. It's in a 3 story building, ground floor is a bakery. The 2nd floor and 3rd floor are where we live, it's big and pink. When I first got here, I was walking around without sandals on, and I noticed after a while my feet bottoms were all black! So I started cleaning the house. It's been 3 days of cleaning so far in the mornings and at lunch time, and there's an improvment! One of the best parts of the house is that there is this little water heater thing in the cr so you can take a hot shower! Yeah!! Then you can go down stairs and buy bread in the morning. There's only one bed frame though, so since I'm the new guy in the apartment I get to sleep on a pad on the floor. But it's good too, because I put the foam pad by this big sliding window and that's where I sleep. You can see Orion out the window at night.
Our Branch President is a awesome guy too. He has been a member for 2 years and is always making jokes and giving us coconut when we're at his house.
Here in Baler zone there are 4 areas. Ours is the one that is far from the ocean. But I'm diggin' things! We have some awesome investigators too. One is Bryan who works at a funeral home. He really wants to come to church but always has work cutting people up and so on.. just kidding, he makes the coffins. Last night we went to teach him and this drunk guard guy came in and was telling us about Jesus and how he has been born but not again yet. He was kinda yelling and asked us who God is, and it went on for a half hour. Then he left to be on duty, and then we taught Bryan. It was a fine moment!
How are all things doing? I had another monkey sighting this week! It was chained up to a tree branch and the chain was around him like a diaper so he would hang up down and swing around. It was pretty hard to teach and not look at him and laugh!
Any who. Life is grand! I'll take some pictures of cool things and send them to yall! Keep on rocking!
Love your buns!
Elder Hill




No comments:
Post a Comment