This has been a fun week. Elder Bacalso left Tuesday morning, and I joined forces with Elder Macabenta in Maria for two days. Then Wednesday afternoon at about 6, our companions rolled in. Elder Agrabio (my NEW companion) went to Makilamay in Dibucao. A member had died, so we went. So I have now seen another Filippino funeral. Saturday morning, we went again and did a service for the family. It was the Branch President, his wife and the RS president, plus Elder and I. The 5 of us sang a hymn, then president gave a talk. iIt was rockin! There were lots of people who looked confused at who we were. Dibucao is really far away and so missionaries never go there, and the people looked shocked.
Elder Agrabio is from Davao. He is 19 and was Elder Bacalso's companion in the MTC. He has a rockin' low voice. His accent sounds like he is Spanish.
I have been thinking a lot this week about why I'm in the area I'm in, and about my companion. It has been kind of neat to feel the spirit teaching me and showing me what I need to do with my time left.
It has been fun for me to lead the area the last few days. I've been breaking in Elder Agrabio and making him walk long distances. Sometimes he asks if malayo pa ba der? (is it still far away?) and I say "yes". Haha. Our companionship theme has become "patuloy na maglakad na may katatagan kay Cristo!" (Contiue to walk with a steadfastness in Christ) He has been trying to use that verse in every lesson we teach, and it has been helping to always remember to be matatag kay Cristo!
Sure love you fam! This week is the big mission conference. Elder Elivera and I are going down on Thursday to get out X ray then we are hitching a ride with another zone to Angeles. Friday is the mission confrence with Elder Nielson. Thats what I have been looking forward to this week. Keep on rocking on fam!
Elder Hill
Elder Agrabio is from Davao. He is 19 and was Elder Bacalso's companion in the MTC. He has a rockin' low voice. His accent sounds like he is Spanish.
I have been thinking a lot this week about why I'm in the area I'm in, and about my companion. It has been kind of neat to feel the spirit teaching me and showing me what I need to do with my time left.
It has been fun for me to lead the area the last few days. I've been breaking in Elder Agrabio and making him walk long distances. Sometimes he asks if malayo pa ba der? (is it still far away?) and I say "yes". Haha. Our companionship theme has become "patuloy na maglakad na may katatagan kay Cristo!" (Contiue to walk with a steadfastness in Christ) He has been trying to use that verse in every lesson we teach, and it has been helping to always remember to be matatag kay Cristo!
Sure love you fam! This week is the big mission conference. Elder Elivera and I are going down on Thursday to get out X ray then we are hitching a ride with another zone to Angeles. Friday is the mission confrence with Elder Nielson. Thats what I have been looking forward to this week. Keep on rocking on fam!
Elder Hill




No comments:
Post a Comment