This week I was very wise and wrote down things I wanted to talk about in my email home so it might be more structured! so lets get cooking!
First off, I think this was last Tuedsay in class, we all split off and went to teach the other district lesson two. We had all made investigator profiles and my companion and I decided to use his (it was spider man - Peter Parker) and the other district thought it was a big joke and had their teacher come back and make him make a real investegator profile of someone he actually knew. That didn't sit so well with Elder Fairbanks and so when we went to teach the lesson in his anger he wouldn't help me out at all. So I kinda laughed a bit and started the lesson something like this "Well thank you for letting us come back over today! My companion is a little short on words.." It was a very good learning experience for me to see how teaching without the spirit goes when your companion is harboring feelings of badd to the bone-ness towards your investegators. I taught the lesson, Elder Fairbanks sat there for about the first half then he got in and helped me a bit. And now we know!
Next I have written down to tell you all that i've eaten a yam! One night at dinner maybe Wednedsay night, we had steak like substance, it was actually really good. And there were big ole' orange.. things! I drowned them in pepper and ate them. heck yeah!
The pepper shakers here are not very high quality they remind me a lot of Wendy's pepper shakers because they are the same but I've ended up taking my fork to the holes one one and now it spues pepper likea champ. I always think of you dad when I'm covering my veggies with pepper and someone makes a schnyde remark about my pepper eating habits. It's funny how much I use pepper now days.
On Tuesday night we have our devotionals and my companion and another elder, elder Fashje really like sitting close so our two companionships will go an hour or two early and get a great spot in line. This week we all got to our seats and I like to talk to people I don't know so I started a conversation with the elder next to me by telling him what I was studying- - something like "hey! i'm studdying tagalog interrougitives!" He gave me the most "you're insane" look ever. Come to find out it was an elder from Canada who didn't speak English very well but it was way awesome to talk to him all about speaking French and getting to know him. His companion was from the Martial Islands and also didn't speak English very well. That would be awesome I think, to have a language barrier. I hope my next companion is a hardened tagalogvettran who cant speak English. talaga!?
I've seen him a few times hence and shaken his hand. One night Elder Fairbanks and I were contacting, and I saw him and his companion and his companion was bent over in the grass and he looked like he was about to puke but twas not so! I went to see if he was sick and the French elder told me he was looking for lucky clovers. Joke!
This week 8 new elders entered our branch and they moved into the rooms right next to us. Our room is in the corner so our doors open up to each other in a way, anyways the night before new arrivals there arrose a argument about how many elders could fit into a closet. some said three others said 4. We said 5. and it was done! i don't think I've laughed so hard in my life, I was in the top corner sitting on top of elder Moberly and let me tell ya, it was hot and smelly in there! That was really exciting for us all and we even got to bed on time that night. My companion elder Fairbanks is the "get to bed on time mom" in our room, which I'm very grateful for. We usually get into all of our deep doctrinal conversations at night and lose track of time, but this week we've been rockin' on getting to bed at time.
My last story is on Thursday, we went to sign E.Farbanks up for a haircut 'cause he looks like the yetti. There was this rubbermaid container that said "free ties!" on it, and when I looked in they were zip up little kid temple ties, so I took one and gave it to the only elder in our district brave enought to wear zip ties. But the cool part was-- right next to the free ties bucket there was a free "tassi" bucket and so elder Fairbanks and I took three, I guess they're for the sisters to use to keep their hair nice and up on their head, which is an ok use. But we used them to take fun pictures and elder Hopkins and I put them on our feet and had a hopping race. He won:( Life in the empty sea (MTC) is wonderful, lots of fun riggidy bam boo times and learning tagalog is getting ever more challenging and incredibley awesome to speak. Keep rocking on and being faithful. If you haven't, read Elder Scott's conference address from April, 2010. I havent read it but it's probably good. Mom if you could send it to me on Dear Elder, that would be great !
Love you all,
-kimball elder hill




Wow! He has a lot of fun and knows how to get a lot of work done at the same time. Love to hear his stories!
ReplyDelete