I remembered one really important story I didn't tell you from last week, it had to do with me getting a sore toe!
Last week we were walking late one night along the highway past this shop that makes grave plates, I was the caboose and as I brought us around this one stand my foot tripped and all in slow motion I saw all of the plates on the stand start falling toward me! I put out my hands to catch some but I lacked hands and one fell and shattered on my big toe. The head of our train stopped and I asked the man approaching me (who owned the shoppe, he just stared at what I had done) then another man came out who had very crossed eyes, and he just waved his hands at me in the baseball "safe!" manner. I guess was telling me it was ok. I'm fairly certain they were both pretty drunk so I was saved from that! We laughed pretty hard about it when we got back to the apartment. This past week we walked past the shop a few times and I noticed a blank had been put in it's place.
My next story and accompanying pictures also have to do with me getting hurt. This last Saturday, the Sta. Rosa Elders had a baptism. Their area is a branch, so they use the chapel and font in Kapt. Pepe. It's our job to fill up the font and lock up when they are done, so we were waiting for the baptismal service to be over and I noticed the jeepney they had rented, sitting in the parking lot with no people inside! I took the opportunity to take some pictures. I went and got the pictures, then as I was getting out I noticed the driver was sleeping on the bench by the passenger door hole right where I was getting out. It surprised me a bit and I kinda jumped out and hit my back on the top of the door. I didn't really think much of it. After the baptism we had a bit of a switch up with companions so the zone leaders who were also at the baptism could interview an investigator. Then we were all going to meet back at the apartment and reunite companionship and rock on. When we got back, I took of my bag and Elder Lemi told me I was bleeding really bad. I turned around and looked in the mirror and saw the blood. So we took some pictures of my wound! I've been cleaning it off and putting new band aids on it every once in a while, it's nice to finally use some of these band aids!
That was one of the more exciting things that happened. Zone Conference was good, we learned a lot about the spirit and I said good bye to the Maharry couple who is finishing their mission this transfer. I told Sister Maharry to say "hi" to grandma for me again. My first day in the office she e-mailed her mutual friend of grandma, and then got a message from grandma back to me.
Our investigator Ryan is still rocking on, he's a rocking dude! We taught word of wisdom this week (kinda important since he works in a bar). He read the pamphlet and when we asked him about his reading, he was telling us about how our body is a temple. and We just rejoiced his golden-ness.
One cool thing about this next transfer is that there is a good chance we will be restored to a 4 Elder apartment! The zone leaders told us this morning that a lot more Elders are comming in and they're looking to put two more here. I'm just glad Elder Apo. and I are already in the big spacious room. Joke lang yan! But that will be pretty exciting if it happens. This week one of our ward missionaries, Ralph, wanted us to go running with him in the morning. So Friday, Saturday and Thursday we woke up and ran at 5 a.m. around Kapt. Pepe. My favorite part was one day after we ran we went to a bakery place and got delicious pandesal that was hot! It was delicious, then another day we went to this place by our apartment that has soup and rotisserie chickens and other meats. We got some mami soup.
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment,
Me in the jeepney
my shirt and blood
Love ya all! Keep rocking and a rolling in Utah! I'll do the same in the Philippines!
love, Elder k. James Hill
Last week we were walking late one night along the highway past this shop that makes grave plates, I was the caboose and as I brought us around this one stand my foot tripped and all in slow motion I saw all of the plates on the stand start falling toward me! I put out my hands to catch some but I lacked hands and one fell and shattered on my big toe. The head of our train stopped and I asked the man approaching me (who owned the shoppe, he just stared at what I had done) then another man came out who had very crossed eyes, and he just waved his hands at me in the baseball "safe!" manner. I guess was telling me it was ok. I'm fairly certain they were both pretty drunk so I was saved from that! We laughed pretty hard about it when we got back to the apartment. This past week we walked past the shop a few times and I noticed a blank had been put in it's place.
My next story and accompanying pictures also have to do with me getting hurt. This last Saturday, the Sta. Rosa Elders had a baptism. Their area is a branch, so they use the chapel and font in Kapt. Pepe. It's our job to fill up the font and lock up when they are done, so we were waiting for the baptismal service to be over and I noticed the jeepney they had rented, sitting in the parking lot with no people inside! I took the opportunity to take some pictures. I went and got the pictures, then as I was getting out I noticed the driver was sleeping on the bench by the passenger door hole right where I was getting out. It surprised me a bit and I kinda jumped out and hit my back on the top of the door. I didn't really think much of it. After the baptism we had a bit of a switch up with companions so the zone leaders who were also at the baptism could interview an investigator. Then we were all going to meet back at the apartment and reunite companionship and rock on. When we got back, I took of my bag and Elder Lemi told me I was bleeding really bad. I turned around and looked in the mirror and saw the blood. So we took some pictures of my wound! I've been cleaning it off and putting new band aids on it every once in a while, it's nice to finally use some of these band aids!
That was one of the more exciting things that happened. Zone Conference was good, we learned a lot about the spirit and I said good bye to the Maharry couple who is finishing their mission this transfer. I told Sister Maharry to say "hi" to grandma for me again. My first day in the office she e-mailed her mutual friend of grandma, and then got a message from grandma back to me.
Our investigator Ryan is still rocking on, he's a rocking dude! We taught word of wisdom this week (kinda important since he works in a bar). He read the pamphlet and when we asked him about his reading, he was telling us about how our body is a temple. and We just rejoiced his golden-ness.
One cool thing about this next transfer is that there is a good chance we will be restored to a 4 Elder apartment! The zone leaders told us this morning that a lot more Elders are comming in and they're looking to put two more here. I'm just glad Elder Apo. and I are already in the big spacious room. Joke lang yan! But that will be pretty exciting if it happens. This week one of our ward missionaries, Ralph, wanted us to go running with him in the morning. So Friday, Saturday and Thursday we woke up and ran at 5 a.m. around Kapt. Pepe. My favorite part was one day after we ran we went to a bakery place and got delicious pandesal that was hot! It was delicious, then another day we went to this place by our apartment that has soup and rotisserie chickens and other meats. We got some mami soup.
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment,
Me in the jeepney
my shirt and blood
Love ya all! Keep rocking and a rolling in Utah! I'll do the same in the Philippines!
love, Elder k. James Hill






No comments:
Post a Comment