Hey mother!
How is the whole family? This week has been rockin with Elder Dela Cruz.
He's a rockin Elder, and has a rockin' Manila accent. Where is that George
Serrano from again in Manila? I got a letter from Josh Ells today that he
sent me in November! There wasn't an Angeles Clark Field on it, so it had been lost for a long time. I was thinking about Willie Adams last night too,
and how he was experiencing his first MTC moments. I had another craving
this week, I really want to eat a sinymon bun! But instead, we did have a
tasty eating appointment at a members house. They had menuito (sp?) and some more papaitan! Don't worry, this time it was cow instead of goat, and then pusit, or squid! It was pretty delicious. Elder Dela Cruz is way down with "Buy 1 Take 1" hamburgers too, so we had those a couple of times this week.
Last night we had a bit of a fun adventure I led us on, we were in Mammonit
(the far away bukid area) and we walked to that one mountain then taught some lessons there. Then we walked to the other end of the mountain and taught a lesson. Then we had a choice to walk back around the mountain or go on a short cut back to town that I had heard Elder Serondo had taken prevously. So we took the shortcut in the name of adventure! It ended up being a bit of a long cut but it was awesome. These giant black bugs kept crashing into my face and I would freak out. Elder Dela Cruz stayed pretty calm..
Then we went and taught Grace, a new investigator who's boyfriend is a member. She's way crazy, we were in a gospel principles class and the lesson was way boring about priesthood organization, but Grace lady was all interested and the only one answering questions.
Our one investigator May Ann, is getting baptized next Sunday, thats pretty exciting. She's the first baptism in this area since I got here.
This week we were also walking in Mammonit and we saw a storm
approching. We walked and it got all crazy and rainy and windy.
We pulled out our umbrellas and then the wind turned mine inside out
and the little tip things came off, haha it was funny and rainy. Then
the lighning came upon us and one stroke pretty close! I counted to a
second and then heard the thunder. Luckily we found refuge in a
members home. We must have looked pretty wet and funny when we walked up to their door, adventure! We have some pictures of lightning that I will have to send next week because my camera went low battery on me.
This morning, Elder and I woke up at 4 and went to the zone leaders
house and woke them up to play basketball. Basketball does crazy
things to Filippino citizens, like wake them up at 4 to play the game.
I love it man! But yeah! The weeks rockin on! I'm looking forward
to another one.
Oh yes! This week President let us go to the jubilee dancing and singing moment the Stake put on. It was way awesome. When they sang the national anthem and danced and it was cool. But yeah!
Thats how this week has been. Talk to you in another one!
Love ya all
Elder Hill
Wow, that is some snail mail!
ReplyDeleteLove hearing about your adventures!