Howdy!
This morning we woke up, got ready for the day, walked downstairs and bought some bread, then came to the computer shop "d2 mabo". I'm still trying to figure out what "d2 mabo" is supposed to mean. And now, Happy birthday celebration dad! Yeah!
This morning we woke up, got ready for the day, walked downstairs and bought some bread, then came to the computer shop "d2 mabo". I'm still trying to figure out what "d2 mabo" is supposed to mean. And now, Happy birthday celebration dad! Yeah!
This week we taught a new investigator. I think I told you about this one, where Elder and I were told by the Spirit to go and take pictures by a bukid (field) and then some one yelled at us "mormons!" So we stopped and went and talked to the people in the house. They were all shy except for one, and the one "Gretchen" is who we have been able to teach this week. She understands the lessons really well, but didn't come to church yesterday. It always seems to go like that. Ha ha. But this week is another week!
Every other day we walk to barangay (village) Florida (flor-ee-da). I have started to catch the visayan accent of Elder Bacalso. Members and other people give him a hard time all the time for it. They say their i's as e's or maybe it is the other way around. Pwede becomes pwide, ha ha.
He was teaching me something this week in Cebuano like "catch a utot" I'm not sure. But yeah! We talked to Joselito yesterday too. He is the old man who lives and takes care of someone's coconut tree farm. He was cutting smelly coconut out of the shells and he would keep taking whiffs of it! Then he would tell us how smelly it was. We're trying to work him to make us some coconut ukuleles. We saw one he made in his house, and he said he would make us one if we found him some wood for the arm or neck. So now we're on the hunt!
As for being taught, he is always busy. but he is a fun guy to teach. He always tells us stories that have nothing to do with the topic but everything to do with God's blessings.
This week we have also been experiencing recent converts who are not wanting to be taught any more. Thats always fun. But Amado is doing awesome still! He works with us twice a week and we gave him a Triple Combination this week that we found in the apartment. He was asking about the Doctrine and Covenants.
One day this week when we were on our way in florida, we walked by a house and Elder stopped and turned around and went and we talked to this old Catholic woman who did not want our phamphlet. She kept asking us what we had to do to maligtas (be saved) and what the plan of God is. We ended up giving it to her husband, he was kind.
This week we were going to teach an old lady nanay Dumpit. She is fun to teach cause she is a member and she always tells us about how her husband died and came back to life, so she believes in prayer and in God. When we ask her to pray, she will tell us to pray cause it is hard for her to talk. So we tell her to say just a little prayer. She is bed ridden and just sits in bed all day, so she is always happy to see someone and loves to be taught. When we were at her house this week I noticed they had a horse sitting there and I thought of dad and the fine day of the scout camp at Thanksgiving Point! I'm sure dad remembers that one. (you had to be there)
Another fun tracting moment was when we oym'ed 3 interns who were hanging out behind a fire truck at the fire station. They called to us, so we went over and talked to them about the gospel! The ones last name was Bueno. Then they took a picture of us. Nice!
One thing our branch here could use is some quality nursery people! There are 3 moms who come to church and go home after Sacrament meeting, because their kids go crazy and nursery doesn't really exist. We're working on the dads who always seem so shy. But yeah mom! if you came here to maria you could be of great worth in the nursury! the book of mormon reading is going good i made it to 3 nephi this week. it's fun to read all the malalim na words in tagalog about the cities being ahnalated or winask -ed "kasindak-sindak at kakila-kilabot" (awe-inspiring and dreadful).
Yeah! It's been another week! Life keeps rolling long!
Thanks for all the pictures! I sure enjoyed them. I'll get some to you next week, I can't find my cord and I'm afraid to use a card reader here, baka mavirus ang memorycard ko! (I might get a virus on the memory card)
magingat kayo sa mga bulaang propeta!
(Beware of false prophets)
(Beware of false prophets)
Elder Hill




No comments:
Post a Comment