This was a fun morning till now!.
I shure Love you family! And Dennison AKA "the dirty conger". If you are reading this, you have a special heart in my place. I mean, place in my heart.
Today we got on a D liner at 4 in the morning, and took a ride through the kabundukan (highlands). Then we went and said hi to some members in Rizal. I didn't know any of them 'cause the elders I wasf with were asigned in ward 2, and I was in ward 1. But it was still fun to ride around in the old stomping ground before we came down to Cabanatuan.
I just realized that first sentence I wrote seems like I meant that the morning isn't fun at the moment, but what was running in my head when I wrote it was that it has been fun until now--- and still is fun.. I hope you naintindihan! (understand)
This week we had ZL - DL council meeting in Cabanatuan (last Tuesday) and it was really good! I got to say good bye to my esteemed colleague, Eder Zornes. Then we went home that night and got back to Maria at 10:30 at night. We staggared into our apartment and slept. Tuesday through yesterday we worked. This week looks like it'll go the same, which is good!
We have planned this week to help tatay Darakan (the cool half blind recent convert) who is our tuyo dealer. he is always making us kamoteng kahoy (cassava) to eat. It makes for a welcomed snack to eat at our last appointment at night. This week we went to teach tatay Darakan he was telling us about how he can always get kamoteng kahoy from his "compare" haha. Whenever we give him money to buy us tuyo, he will come and be knocking on our door at 6 in the morning. When I go down and open the door, he asks if he woke me up. I say "yes". Then he says in his darakan way "sige nga! "tulog ka muna" (go ahead and sleep). All the people at the bakers usually looked confused when I open the door.
That seems like a fun fine time in lake tahoe! (from Bonnie-I am vacationing at Lake Tahoe this week) There are some pine trees here too, but they smell nothing like pine trees! kamusta naman! You'll have to enjoy some salsa in my behalf mom! (our tradition of enjoying chips & salsa late at night when we vacation with family) I also just wanted to take this time to say "hello" to Elder Williams mom! Elder Williams is here in the computer shop, and he told me that his mom asked if he knew me. So "hi Elder Williams mom!" :)
This is a picture of Elder Banguis, the Baler Zone Leader and I at the "ukay ukay" or thrift store type of place. We saw these rad sweaters. He bought the one he was wearing for 30 pisos.
This is a picture of me earlier at the bishops house in Rizal ward 2, wearing Elder Banguis's (say that word 5 times) shades.
Here is a picture of Elder Macabenta and I when we went down for the meeting last Monday. Elder Macabenta and Elder Agrabio worked in Maria and he forgot his name tag, so he used my spare, which made for a little double Hill action! Nice!
Welp, 3 weeks to go. Three and a half! I have noticed that calendars have personalities these days. They seem to stare back at me. It's a glaring kind of stare. lets all patuloy na maglakad! ng may katatagan kay Cristo! (Continue to walk with a steadfastness in Christ!)
Elder Hill







No comments:
Post a Comment