Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hey mother! (e-mail 6-10-12)

It's been another week already! When this week was about to start, I thought it would be a really long one (and it was at moments), but look at us now! It is p-day once again! 


Last night was an interesting night, Elder Agrabio has been into listening to scripture mastery while he sleeps lately, and last night it was Book of Mormon. I would wake up every few hours and we'd be in 2nd Nephi, then Mosiah.  Ha ha what a guy that Elder Agrabio companion is. I realized who his cartoon character is. (dad will be impressed). Simon Bar Sinister from Under Dog. Ha ha. The best part is how he even laughs and talks like an evil scientist. 


This week we had a cool experiance when we were walking. This lady who was in her back yard sweeping the leaves said to us: 

"Mormon ba kayo?"
to which we said: "Opo"
She then proceeded to invite us over. She said she always sees us walking and then yesterday we got to teach her and she seemed really interested!  It was cool. The half way through the lesson, a missionary from her church came and that made things rather awkward!  But she seemed fine with it and invited us back. Elder Agrabio really loves talking to people, so that has helped me to be more of a courageous tracter!  When we leave the house to work, he will grab a whole pack of phamphlets and stick it in his bag instead of the 
normal 5 or 6. 

These days I have been digging chocolate milk. Here in the Philippines you can buy chocolate milk in the little packages like that Juicy juice.  It is 25 pisos and thats what I usually enjoy at lunch time while reading some fine Liahona.  Or at night while writing in the adventure book. My tie collection has grown again.   I bought this cool tie the other day that has little rocket ships on it, then on the inside there is a picture of a train!  Coolness!

Still no birthday cards. Which means I will get to read them in the mission home in 2 weeks. That's the next time I'll see mail.

Please give the following message to Dennison: 

Dear Dennison brother. I am now the only Elder and when I see your face I hope there is a scone sticking in it! (in the mouth hole) I heard the Ben will be gone, which will remind me of when he left us before, grabe dennison! hintayin mo ako diyan huh? 

Another story from this week was one morning our appointment went through, so we went and tracted.  As we were walking past a little store, a spongebob chocolate milk caught my eye!  So we went in and bought some and it was so good! It tasted more vanilla-like and smooth. So I kept the container and it sat on my desk all week.  Then it started smelling gross and sour!   That was no good so I threw it away. 

Anywho! Lately we don't cook food, we have ended up eating at the carinderia instead at lunch time, then at night time we have an eating appointment with nanay Caberte, or we will cook rice at home and have some fine canned food. One night this week we were given Buro (that rancid rice stuff) and so we bought talong (eggplant) and some eggs and I cooked us up some tortang talong! if we have talong (eggplant) in the garden when I get home, we are going to feast on that egg planty! 

I sure love you fam!  And Denninson, welcome home!  You'll have to take a picture of the 2 year older Dennison too! At hikayatin mo rin siyang pahabain ang kanyang bigote! (encourage him to extend his mustache)
take care palagi (always)

Elder Hill

  The ocean at Pag Asa that's where we went down to.

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago when we hiked to Pag Asa.

 
 The zone on a hanging bridge here in Baler. 

Baler one, last transfer

 a beach place called Dikizit. 

The ocean as you would see it standing at Bays Inn

Elder Bacalso and I on the hanging bridge

Elder Bacalso and a big rock formation at Dikizit

this a devils lalamunan (throat) type of thing like we saw in Oregon!

Here it is again!  :)

Elder Bacalso and I 
 Our zone, last transfer at the Pag Asa beach

A few of us at the chapel in Baler

At a FHE in Cabanatuan this past week. 

Elder Banguis (ZL), me, Elder Flor and Elder Agrabio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment